Role: Ecommerce & Sales Assistant
Reporting to: Business Manager
Renumeration: Circa £23,000 pro rata, store discount, bonus opportunities
Hours: 3 days / 21 p/w
Deadline: Monday 2nd October 12 Noon
An exciting role has opened up in The Designerie for a Ecommerce & Sales Assistant. We welcome applications from experienced candidates.
As an Ecommerce & Sales Assistant you will be experienced in stock management, retail – and ideally a sales environment that reflects similarities to The Designerie e.g. a brand or lifestyle or concept store.
You will work closely with the product team to manage stock through the website - uploading product, managing seasonal product lines and handling online sales.
Ideally you will have experience in photography as the role will require you to capture stock images to upload to website – however training can be provided.
There is scope to utilise and develop any wider skills you bring to the team e.g. social media, visual merchandising etc and you should highlight these skills in your application.
You are a self-motivated individual who is capable of taking responsibility for all aspects of the store when on duty. You'll be someone who truly cares about the customer experience and has exceptional attention to detail. You'll have experience of an electronic POS, (we use Shopify). You will also be part of the shop sales team, talking and selling to customers and being present on the shop floor.
The role is focussed on day-to-day operations which includes stock management, receiving deliveries, processing online orders, customer service, assisting with visual merchandising, & maintaining the store's cleanliness and appearance.
A good memory for products, supply chain details and customers are essential, and you'll be joining a continual learning environment with staff training a regular part of your schedule.
As a hard-working team, we are looking for a self-starter, someone who will pitch in to all aspects of the work and share in our culture.
The Designerie is an energetic and fast-paced retail environment. As a well-established and truly independent social enterprise, it offers real opportunity to grow with a supportive team that is uniquely positioned to develop and scale the business and make a valuable contribution to the local economy
THE ROLE ENTAILS:
Website Management –
- Coordinate and maintain The Designerie website and actively optimise on a consistent basis
- Alongside Product team and Digital Content Creator you will build product campaigns around seasonal product – banners, collections
- Make sure that all product content and website elements are consistent and displayed correctly throughout all pages
- Maintain and update product information and databases regularly, ensuring everything is complete, accurate and up to date
- Upload and maintenance of new and existing products on the site: approx. 10 - 50 wholesale products and 10 - 100 craft products a month
- Collect product information from the artist or supplier to ensure product description is accurate
- Presentation of product images, which can be sourced from the artists and wider supply chain. However, there will also be a requirement for images to be captured in house - training can be provided
- Work with Business Manager and Digital Officer who support the website and social media strategy
- Ad hoc research of our competitor online presence and their digital marketing activities
- Assist in launching new online campaigns or promotions
- Monitor the sales performance of our online shop and support Business Manager in the generation of sales performance reports
- Perform basic on-site optimization when required
- Monitoring analytics
- Collaborate with technical support to resolve errors when necessary
Customer Service & Sales
- Work with sales team to provide outstanding customer experience
- Be friendly and enthusiastic
- Promote the ethos of The Designerie to customers and wider community i.e. Social Enterprise, not for profit etc
- Work closely with our sales team when POS, merchandising and signage is required
- Support in the move over from EPOS to Shopify POS –
- Work with the Business Manager to ensure the effective delivery & ongoing evolution of the e-commerce strategy.
- Work with colleagues to ensure e-commerce is effectively built into marketing and wider business strategies.
- Ensure the delivery of daily e-commerce functions.
- Drive the use of customer insight and data driven segmentations online.
- Communicate with the Digital Marketing Officer to maximise opportunities online via web, email marketing and socials.
- Work with the wider team, contributing to the creative process, actively thinking of creative ways to promote content, events, and engage with the target audience
- Be an integral part of the sales team, possessing a sound knowledge and awareness of store brands and playing a key role in customer service
- Carry out any other duties that the Business Manager identifies as a requirement to ensure the smooth operation of The Designerie
- 1—2 Years experience as an E-Commerce Marketing Assistant or in similar roles
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Evidence of product management: i.e. receiving stock deliveries, merchandising, organising stock rooms etc
- Computer literate, with experience using Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of various e-commerce platforms i.e. Amazon, Shopify
- Experience of optimising onsite merchandising
- Keen eye for product photography
- Qualification in Marketing, Interactive Media or Business
- Website management experience
- Experience of managing and delivering marketing campaigns online, including onsite and push channels (email, social etc)
- Experience and strong skill set in product photography
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of google ads
- Understanding of Google Analytics and metrics such as conversion rate, average order value and cart abandonment rate
- Experience and knowledge of SEO best practices
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a cover letter describing why you would be suitable for the role, and your cv to Zoe at email@example.com
Include your availability (your available days of the week and any other information relating to availability that supports your application).
We'd like to fill this role quickly so the deadline for applications is Monday 2nd October
Please note: due to the limitations of time and the number of applications we typically receive, we may be unable to get back to everyone. Responses will only be available for those candidates shortlisted for interview.
This project has been funded by: